July 31, 2013

Today Only - Review

Today Only by D. Love
not paranormal 
Blurb
In life, there are times you are granted a miracle. It may not be the one you wanted exactly, but it will be the one you need. It will prepare you for the next step in your journey and help you learn to accept the life you are given, even if that life can be heartbreaking.

My Review
What would you do if you were told you life was ticking away. You have a daughter you love and other wonderful family members there as well. Would you take a chance at love? Would you give up or would you enjoy what time you have left? This is a story of what one woman decides to do.

Rye is such an amazing character. I connected to her right away and loved her out look on life. She is a wonderful mom, very driven and does not quit going. Jett is the type of man you hope all guys can be. He is smart, sexy and very caring. He truly has a heart of gold. Little Em will grab your heart from the start and you will fall in love with her right away. All the characters in this book will touch your heart in some way and they will stay there.

When I was told about this book I was told it will make you cry. I said that is ok I hardly ever cry. I sure do regret saying that. I cried like a baby reading this book. I'm talking snot bubbles and just a blubbering mess. This book touched my heart on so many levels. I am not going to go into a lot of details as I think everyone should read this book and it's so hard not to say why and not spoil the book. I have started my review several times and couldn't do it as the story would come back fresh and I would cry again. I made myself quit stalling and finally review it today. This story is full of love, laughter and tears. You feel like you are a member of this family as you turn the pages. What they go through you go through as well. You get to see both Rye and Jett's POV and the author did a wonderful job with writing this book. I look for it to be a big huge hit and if not there is something wrong with the world. For this being the authors first book I am absolutely amazed. You would think she has been writing for years. This book touched me in very personal ways that I won't go into but once you read it if you have ever been in a similar situation I'm sure you will agree the author did a fantastic job describing the emotions you go through. If you want an emotionally wonderful book that will always stay with you pick this book up. Pick up tissues while you at it.

5 out of 5 Bats~Pam

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I'll definitely look into reading this book...and I'll make sure to make a note that I need to pickup a box of tissues prior to the read! LOL. I have a tendency to cry during hallmark commercials! :-P

    ReplyDelete

Translate