January 03, 2013

Author Spotlight with Gena D. Lutz

Hey Everyone! Today we welcome Gena D. Lutz as our Spotlight Author! We will be sharing some quotes from her book on our FB today. So be sure to stop by there to see them. Here is the link Paranormal Reads. Now on to the interview with Gena!

Tell me about your book. How did you come up with that (story, angle, idea)? 
The story came to me as I wrote it. I started by writing a prologue about Ember’s ancestors and the story built itself from there.

What kind of research did you do for this book? 
I would say I did about a million Google searches. I had to get my facts straight about Nymphs, locations, and anything else I wasn’t too sure about. Then once I learned the facts, I threw my own spin on things. I already had a pretty good grasp on the ins and outs of Vampires and Werewolves. I have read hundreds of books about them.

What's a typical working day like for you? When and where do you write? Do you set a daily writing goal? 
 I wake up and head straight for my Kuerig machine. My day always starts off with a cup of cafĂ© mocha…no exceptions. I try to write a minimum of 500 words a day, even if it’s on a side project and not my current WIP. Besides mocha and writing I fill my days with mother and house wife duties. My least favorite? Dishes. 

What is the hardest part of writing for you? 
 The hardest part would be deciding my characters major life choices. I feel the strain and anxiety of the aftermath of said choices right along with them.

What advice would you give aspiring writers? 
 Never give up. If you make yourself sit down and write what’s in your head, every moment you have a chance too, your hard work with show. You don’t have to be published to be a writer. You just have to write. So throw your excuses aside and go do it! The biggest obstacle a writer faces is themselves. 

If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be? 
“Real Happiness Resides Inside of Me” by, Gena D. Lutz. 

Is there something you do while writing? ( eat m&m etc) ~
I watch television. With Ember’s Curse I wrote while I listened to the entire season of Lost in the background. I also keep a Facebook window open. I am addicted to social media.  

What do you do when you’re not writing?
I spend as much time as I can with my husband and family. I try not to write at all on Sundays so I have a full day, without interruption, with them.

Who would play your characters if it was made into a movie? 
Collin- Taylor Kinney, Ember- Michelle Tractenburg. If I were to choose who would have played them 5 years ago it would be Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for sure. Ember looks exactly like Angelina in my mind.

Which of your characters is most like you? 
I wish I was like Harper but I think I am more like Tegan.

Who or what was your inspiration?
My husband. He is always my inspiration.

If you were a paranormal being what would you be?
I think I would be a Vampire. The thought of immortality is alluring but their sensuality is what appeals to me the most. 

What was the first book you remember reading? 
 ~ Savage Summer by Constance O’Banyon. I was 10.

Fun QuestionsFavorite color ~ PINK(But not the Pepto Bismol pink.)
Favorite holiday ~ Christmas. I love giving gifts!
Favorite movie ~ Grease...is the word...is the word. 
Favorite food ~ Pizza. I could eat pizza everday for the rest of my life! 
Favorite song ~ Steve Miller Band ~ Abracadabra(I'm gonna reach out and grab ya!)

An Excerpt from Ember's Curse

"Feed from me," he urged.
I shook my head against him and groaned. I didn't want to hurt him. I had never done this before, so I had no clue how much control I would have over my vampire self. What if I lost it and accidentally drained him?
"I want to do this for you. Let me be the one to ease your pain," he said, pulling my face closer. My lips pressed up against him and I could feel a thumping pulse flutter underneath his skin. My tongue flicked out, tasting the salt and sweetness of him. It made me want to bite down hard; to take every bit of him into me that I possibly could. Somehow, I just knew that he would be the perfect filler of my needs. My ambrosia.
I guess one little sip couldn't hurt, said a voice inside my head. The voice sounded strangely like my own. My fangs began to pulse and ache, and before I could stop myself, they sank deep into Collin’s neck. He grabbed hold of the back of my head with a groan. I wrapped my leg around his waist and pressed myself up against his hard length, pinning him under me. It fulfilled my sexual hunger for him and the need to keep him still while I drank. 
With his free hand, he pushed my ass down against him. Heat exploded from between my legs and built up with every one of his delicious thrusts. "My God, that feels so good," Collin said, still holding my mouth to his open wound. "Suck harder."

Author links
https://www.facebook.com/GenaDeeLutz   ~ Facebook Author page


Synopsis ~  
For Prime-Werewolf Ember Stilwell, life has been far from normal. Decades ago, a vengeful Witch cursed her Pack, leaving the women of her line incapable of feeling love. When an organized group of immortal killers begin to stalk and capture wolves from her pack, she sets out on a path fraught with danger. Just when it seems the world as she knows it will be changed forever, she meets Collin, an Alpha Werewolf with a body built for sin. As her heart begins to heal, she comes to find that the demons of her past are not nearly as dangerous as the nightmares she will be forced to face in her future. Can finding her true love conquer all? Or will the ability to feel for the first time be overshadowed by losing everything else she holds dear?

We would like to thank Gena for being our Spotlight Author today!! Be sure to stop by her web pages and check her out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate