January 23, 2013

Author Spotlight with J.K. Zirker

Hey everyone! We would like to welcome Author J.K. Zirker as our Spotlight Author!! We have an interview and quotes on our page through out today. So let's get started.


Tell me about your book(s). How did you come up with that (story, angle, idea)?
I love the paranormal, obviously. I am especially fond of vampires. I have read almost every series out there that includes them. I wanted to write a novel that wasn’t the same as all the others. Yes, they all had their variations, but basically a vampire bites someone and they become one, and so forth. I wanted to put a twist on vampirism that hadn’t been seen before.

The novel is about four families that ruled a city in ancient Greece. One of the wives ends up being betrayed by the other 3. She is falsely accused of a crime and burned to death. Unfortunately for them, she is a witch and she curses them with vampirism. The only way that they can break the curse is through each seventh son of each family and his mate. Each mate will have to have some magical power, too.  They must each go through different obstacles placed before them and trials of faith and even danger, to reach their goal of being human once more.

What's a typical working day like for you? When and where do you write? Do you set a daily writing goal? 
 I work full time as a crew leader at Dairy Queen, plus being a fulltime wife and mother of 5. I write on my days off and at night. I try to write a little daily if possible.

What makes your book(s) different from others in the same genre?
I think that I’ve put such a different twist on the vampirism that that is why the story will stand out. That and the fact that each family has to seek forgiveness in a way, and be held accountable for what they’ve done. Each family has to find the path that leads to the end of their curse.  They cannot help one another, except for little hints here and there.

What’s the best thing about being an author?
I get to do what I love and have loved since I was a child. I also get to, hopefully, let people escape into a world that will entertain them and let them fall in love or feel a kinship with the characters.  I love to escape into books. That is my way to get away from the stresses of the world and just be someone else for a while.

What do you do when you’re not writing?
Read, obviously. Spend time with my family and friends. I coached softball and volleyball. I used to scrapbook, but kind of got tired of that. Oh, and work….can’t forget that one.

Which one of your characters is most like you?
I have had a few people that know me the best say that they can tell it is my writing because I write like my personality. Not having finished the series yet, it’s hard to say. So far, I think I am most like Valerica in attitude and morals.

What paranormal creature would you be if you could?
Definitely a vampire or a shape shifter of some kind.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I entered and won several writing contests starting in elementary.

How did you come up with the title(s)?
It’ll sound kind of dumb now, but a curse was placed on three families that betrayed Uta Petrov.  Hence, Curse of the Betrayed.

What is the first book you remember reading?
I read my mom’s whole collection of Nancy Drew mysteries.


Fun questions

Favorite color: Emerald Green, Purple and Gold (Go Huskies!)

Favorite author: I think it’s a tie between Laurell K. Hamilton & Christine Feehan. I have read every single thing they have put out.

Favorite Movie: That’s a hard one!  I love movies.  Can’t beat Princess Bride…it’s a classic. Love Dinner for Schmucks and The producers, & Monty Python’s Holy grail. My favorite romances are Letters to Juliet, Mamma Mia, and EverAfter.

Favorite Song: Seriously? That changes all the time. I have a soft spot for Def Leppard,  Europe’s The Final Countdown and anything Josh Groban.

Favorite holiday: Definitely Christmas!

Author Bio:
J.K. Zirker has always been fond of reading and writing paranormal and historical romance stories. She and her husband have five children, and they live in Richland, Washington. Julie is a chocolate aficionado, and in her spare time she loves traveling to foreign lands and gathering historical data.  

Stalker Links:


Quote from:
 THE SEVENTH SON SERIES:CURSE OF THE BETRAYED:

“I curse you all, who hath betrayed me this very hour. From now on, you will live as you are now—without heart or soul. Forever will you feast on the blood and pain of others as you do at this moment. Until the time comes when the bonded mate of the seventh son of the seventh son can love unconditionally a monster of the undead, and render a willing sacrifice, you will not know justice. So I curse you:
      To the fires of hell your souls shall fly.
              I send them screaming across the sky
                Where they shall endure eternal pain
                And slowly you shall go insane.
                You will live as fate condemns,
                but you will never be true friends,
                and with this curse your soul I bind
                in deepest hell for all of time.”


To see more quotes check out our page Paranormal Reads

We would like to thank J.K. Zirker for being our spotlight author today!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting Ready to buy the book. Good luck with this new series.

    ReplyDelete

Translate