June 27, 2013

Fighting Destiny - Review

Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #1)
by Amelia Hutchins
Blurb
Have you ever heard of the old Celtic legends of the Fae - beautiful, magical, and deadly creatures that have a love of messing with humans just for kicks and giggles?

Welcome to my world.

What started out as a strange assignment, lead to one of the most gruesome murder mysteries of our times. My friends and I are set and determined to find out who is killing off Fae and Witches alike.

Couple of problems in the way – I hate the Fae and the Prince of the Dark Fae is bound and determined that I work for him. He’s a rude, overbearing egotistical ass with a compulsive need to possess, dominate and control me. Oh – did I mention that he is absolutely sex-on-a-stick gorgeous and he makes me feel things that I never ever wanted to feel for a Fae...every time he touches me or looks at me with those dangerous golden eyes he seems to pull me further in under his spell, despite my better judgment.

My friends and I can’t trust anyone and nothing is as it seems on the surface – not even me.


My Review
Syn hates the Fae and everything about them. She has since she was a child. Now as an adult and one of the most powerful Witches around she is told by the Guild her new assignment is to do what the prince of the Fae ask. What he ask is for her to play a decoy of his fiance till they figure out who is killing Witches and Fae. This is a job Syn does not want to do. She has no problem hunting a killer but being around Fae is another thing. Especially a Fae who set her blood on fire even when he isn't playing mind games. Ryder is used to women doing what he says and used to them falling for his mind tricks. Syn has the power to not fall completely under his spell and he is very intrigued. He also wants Syn very much. Things are starting to get real dangerous and a killer is just half the danger.

Syn trust no one but her coven. Her two friends are all she has. She is very powerful and can do things most itches can't. She isn't afraid to fight anyone and tries her best to keep her sex drive under control. She hates the Fae but Ryder gets under her skin in a way no one else ever has. Ryder is one powerful Fae who has many secrets, most are secrets we haven't even learned yet. He can be a jerk but you can tell he has a soft spot for Syn even when he tries to hide it. This is one Fae I wouldn't mind Fae fff-- well lets just say I wouldn't mind him messing with my mind any time. Even if he has his bad traits I wouldn't kick him out of bed.

I didn't like this book much. I freaking loved it!!! The plot is a great one and has lots of action. As they hunt for a killer you keep trying to guess as who it is and what they are going to do next. Like Syn I was having trouble on knowing who to trust. There was also plenty of twist and turns I did not see coming. Secrets come out but I know there is much more to come. The other part other than the fighting that I loved is the other action between Syn and Ryder. There is so much sexual frustration between these two it frustrates you as well. I will say I even said out loud Come on and do it!! It is definitely worth the read as this is one hot, sexy action packed book. If you love sexy books with amazing characters pick this book up.
5 out of 5 Bats~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate