March 05, 2013

Dying To Live & Fighting To Live - Review

Dying To Live & Fighting To Live 
By C.M. Wright

Blurb
This contains the first 2 books in the Zombie Overload series.

All of us have seen films, or read books, about zombies. We read them as fiction, something which will never happen. But what if it did happen? Would you know what to do? Where to go? How to fight them off?

Starting as many of those films/books do, zombies start to appear in a small town outside the home of Canada, a mom and wife who has been living her life quietly up till now.

Canada turns out to be a sassy, funny and very brave woman as she battles to take her family to safety, using advice she gleaned from watching zombie movies over the years to 'kill' the undead threatening her safety, and that of her family.

Can she succeed in her quest to stay safe? Can she keep all of her family safe with her? Can life go on under such extreme conditions? Only time will tell..

My Review

Canada is going to do whatever it takes to protect her family when zombies begin to appear. She knows she has to stay strong and has several things she knows she needs to do. Get a bag for packed for her family, pack food, get the van as close to the house as she can, get to her other family and stay alive. She does everything she can to protect those she loves and keeps things lively the whole time.

I have mixed feelings about Canada. On one hand I love how funny she is and some of the things she does is so hilarious. Have to say i could see myself saying the same things or wondering the same things she does if I was in the same situation. She will take on anyone or anything to protect her family. My mixed feelings for her revolve around how at times she thinks of things other than what she should. I can understand being in a stressful situation and it would be a way to think of other things and get her mind off the problems at hand. I know that sounds vague but if you read the book you will know what I am talking about. Will Canada's husband is a nice sweet guy who does his share of fighting and trying to keep Canada from doing stupid things. I like how real he seems. You get to see all kinds of his emotions through Canada's eyes. Jake I really love how tough this guy is yet at times you do get to see his vulnerable side. I do think he is hiding more secrets and their is more to him than what you see in this book.

Yes I have said it many times but I love zombie books. This one did not disappoint me. At first I wasn't sure How it was going to go as it was kind of lacking the description I usually see in books. The more I read it the more I realized the author did a great thing. This book reads as you would actually feel if zombies did attack. You would have to think on your feet and sometimes think the weirdest things like Canada does. It has several hilarious scenes that had me snickering while I was reading. One of my favorites is when Canada ask Will if he thinks they will ever have sex again. I cracked up cause I could myself thinking what she does at times. This book is a great read and I do look forward to more of the authors work. The writing is different than others but I actually enjoyed it when I was finished and thought about it. Zombie lover pick this up!
4 out of 5 Bats~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate