January 16, 2014

Pretty Dark Nothing - Review

Pretty Dark Nothing (Pretty Dark Nothing #1)
by Heather L. Reid 

Blurb
It’s been twenty three days since Quinn has slept for more than minutes at a time. Demons have invaded her dreams, stalking her, and whispering of her death. The lack of sleep and crippling fear are ruining her life. Energy drinks and caffeine pills don’t make a dent. When Quinn dozes off in the school hallway, Aaron, an amnesiac with a psychic ability, accidentally enters her nightmare. The demons are determined to keep them apart, and Aaron from discovering the secret locked away in his memory. Together, they could banish the darkness back to the underworld for good. That is, unless the demons kill them first.

My Review
Quinn does everything she can go to keep from sleeping. Every time she sleeps demons haunt her dreams. Her life has really went down hill and she sees no end in sight. Aaron manages to get into her nightmare when she falls asleep at school. The demons don't like them being close to each other and do their best to keep them apart. All the while Quinn is wanting her old boyfriend back. Between high school drama and demons Quinn has a rough life.

I have to say I didn't enjoy this book as much as I would have liked. For me it was an ok book. It is written very well and the author does a great job adding creepy parts. However Quinn is so annoying that I really couldn't like the book because of her. What should have been a thrilling book about Demons ended up being high school drama with a few demons. Quinn is always after her ex boyfriend Jeff. He treats her like crap lets his girlfriend run over the top of Quinn and just to me wasn't a catch at all. At times Quinn acted like a beaten down dog. I did like the ending and the parts where Quinn and Aaron where together. The cover is a great one and I can't say if I will read the next one or not. It's a maybe for me right now.

3 out of 5 Bats~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate