August 07, 2012

Glitch-Review

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu


Goodreads Blurb
In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

  1. In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.


My Review
I recieved Glitch from Net Galley and St. Martin's Griffin for a honest review. This is one of my favorite YA dystopian. Books of the year. Zoe our main characters is feeling things and glitching. That is not a good thing in this world. Abnormals are sent to a lab to be fixed and repaired and sometimes they don't come back. She tries to hide her condition from other people on the streets and at school thinking she is alone. She soon finds out she isn't alone when Adrien appears to rescue her. She finds out she isn't the only one with her new found power. He has a power of his own and she is part of it. Then Max the boy she has always known reveals he has a power as well. A long with trying to hide their glitching and powers they all discover their world isn't as it seems. Danger lurks every where and from all kinds of people.

  Let me just say this is amazing. I got hooked right in this book and didn't want to put it down. It starts off awesome and stays that way. You feel like your right a long with these characters as they go through all they do. Zoe is such a great character who you learn has made a lot of mistakes that make her more likeable and more real to you. She goes through so much and has two guys making her feel things she shouldn't. No worries this isn't a love triangle if that is what your thinking. It is a masterful plot. Adrien had me on a rollercoaster of emotions and I didn't know what to think of him until the end. Max I thought of as a best friend type guy at first and I was shocked at how my feelings about him changed. I can not say more about them I don't want to spoil things.

 This book has so much going on you don't know what to expect next to happen. I actually was on the edge of my seat towards the end waiting to see what happened. The plot is so amazingly written you can't help but love this story. There is some love, lots of action and things you don't think will happen do. I was shocked at a few secrets that come out and I am sure you will be to. You like twist and turns in a book well buckle up Glitch has lots of those in it. I didn't know who was good or bad in parts of it. It just kept me going to the next page and the next. If you like dystopian books or have never tried one, or even thought they aren't for you I say pick this one up. It is a wonderful book and even though it will be a while I will be waiting not so paitently for the next one.
5 out of 5 bats~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate