August 22, 2012

R.M. Gilmore Birthday Bash



Raised in Central California, bred from two very young parents, I have fought hard to get where I am today. Which isn’t saying much since I haven’t come very far. But, I do my best. I married my best friend October of 2011 and published my first novel in 2012, not too shabby I guess.

I started writing almost four years ago. Dylan Hart was my first character and I fell in love with her immediately. Since, I have created, and am currently working on, a number of different works. All varying from supernatural thrillers, to biblical apocalypse, to the life of a young punk just trying to drink, smoke, and survive. Short stories are regularly being pumped out as well. All are lying in wait for the perfect time to be unleashed.

Aside from writing, I also paint. In fact, painting was my first passion. I operate an online store where I sell my original artworks. Just as the characters I drudge up, all paintings I’ve finished have their own identity.

I definitely consider myself to be “unconventional”  (“conventionist.”) I also have an affinity for cult films. I love movies and could watch horror all day, everyday. My heart lies with vampires but I never turn away a good monster, slasher, ghost, or otherwise otherworldly plot. Thanks to my lovely husband I watch Trailer Park Boys nearly everyday. Along with, Roseanne, Ancient Aliens, Decoded, and SVU. Just to name a few. 
 My life revolves around humor. If I’m not laughing at something or someone then I must be dead. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen anytime soon.

                                                           
Stalker Links:
   Facebook
    GoodReads
                                                                           Pinterest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
   The Books:


In the opening novel of R.M. Gilmore's 
'Odyssey of the Occult' series, entitled "The Scene", we find Dylan Hart in her hometown of Hollywood, California. The bodies of seven exsanguinated prostitutes have been found from the Central Valley to Southern California. The media has dubbed them the "Vampire Massacres". Dylan has decided to cash in on the tragedy and write a true crime novel. She begins her odyssey with research into the underground vampire lifestyle. All seemed to be going as planned, and as long as fiction can keep its ass away from fact, she should be alright. But let's face it, someone is draining women of all their blood.There is no way in hell it's going to end pretty. 


 Buy Links:                                                       
    Kindle  
     Nook
           Amazon Paperback                            
                                                       
   Book Info Links:
       Good Reads
    Facebook
                                                                 

Country girl paranormal novella from author R.M. Gilmore (author of the Dylan Hart Odyssey of The Occult series). A new twist on an old classic. Havana, Arkansas isn't exactly the picture of mystics and magic, but Lynnie Russell learns quickly you can't judge a book by it's cover. She discovers myths and legends are alive and well in her tiny little town and she is at the center of it.


Buy Links:

Kindle
Nook
Amazon Paperback

Book Info Sites:
Good Reads
Shelfari
Facebook

Book Tour Stops:
                                                             
My Review:                                        
The Scene by 
R.M. Gilmore


I was drawn to this by the cover from one line “They’re not your daughter’s vampires” that alone had me picking this book up and staying up late into the night to finish it even though I kept telling myself just one more chapter then I am going to bed. Well that one more chapter lead me to finish the book in one sitting and I am so glad I did.

We start off meeting Dylan Hart who I just love. She is a reporter who wants to write a book centered on the vampire killings in Los Angeles. She sets off to the latest crime scene where she can talk to the lead detective Mike who she has a strange relationship with but is explained later on in the book. Getting nowhere with the cops she goes to a Goth bar to interview what she believes are kids playing at being vampires. She is annoyed with the first kid she interviews so she calls her best friend Tatum to go to a different bar. While at this bar they meet Cyrus who is not what he seems to be. He takes Dylan and Tatum to yet another exclusive member’s only club where things start turning weird for Dylan after her drink is drugged and she can’t remember anything from the nights but bits and pieces. Dylan is furious when she wakes up and demands Cyrus tell her everything but that proves a little difficult when he can’t remember either. So he sets up a meeting with his boss Malcolm. After this meeting things start to get crazy for Dylan and the book she is trying to write turns into her fighting for her life. Dylan is forced into re thinking everything she thought and trying to figure who she can trust. 

I loved this book so much. Dylan is one of my favorite characters I have ever read. We are a lot a like in our personalities. She is funny, sarcastic, and smart mouthed. I kept finding myself laughing out loud while reading the things she was saying. Her relationship with her best friend Tatum is a lot like most of us have. Cyrus is sexy and mysterious. He’s the kind of guy you can’t figure out if he’s the villain or hero and right along with Dylan being confused about him so was I. It wasn’t until close to the end of the book that I stared figuring things out.

If you want a book filled with characters you can love and feel like you know, murder, betrayal, vampires, have you laughing out loud, and leave you guessing at every turn then I highly recommend The Scene by R.M. Gilmore.  5/5 bats 



1 comment:

Translate