August 08, 2012

Innocent Darkness-Review

Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1)

 by Suzzane Lazear


Goodreads Blurb
Wish. Love. Desire. Live.

Sixteen-year-old Noli Braddock's hoyden ways land her in an abusive reform school far from home. On mid-summer's eve she wishes to be anyplace but that dreadful school. A mysterious man from the Realm of Faerie rescues her and brings her to the Otherworld, only to reveal that she must be sacrificed, otherwise, the entire Otherworld civilization will perish.

My review
I'd like to thanks NetGalley and Flux for giving me this book to review. This story is about Noli a girl who seems to always be in trouble. In a time when girls are suposed to act like ladies she doesn't fit the bill. When she crashes a flying car with her best friend V she is sent to a boarding house to learn how to be a lady and to get rid of her unlady like conduct. The boarding house is a truly cruel place where the girls are beaten for acting out. She does manage to find a good friend in Charlotte and she loves working in the gardens. Noli and Charlotte make plans to run away but before they can Charlotte is took home. Noli runs to the garden where Kevighn a hunter for the Fae Queen captures her and takes her to the Otherworld. Finding herself in the fae world she tries her best to get Kevighn to send her home but he has other plans for her. With the arrival of V she soon learns he is more than her best friend. In a strange world she doesn't know who is lying to her and who to trust but time is running out for her as the Fae Queen and all the Fae world has plans for her.

 Ok this is a hard book to review for me. I enjoy some things about it while some did get on my nerves. In a way the two worlds are are to split up. You get to see very little of the steampunk in the Otherworld. I wanted to see more of it there and truly wanted to see more of the fae world. The only place you really seem to get a good feel for is the boarding house. Kevighn was a character I didn't like from the start. Not hate or anything he just reminded me of a fly you want to swat away. I really like Noli she is headstrong, smart (most of the time) and really just enjoys life. Charlotte is the type you just want to take home and bundle up from all things bad. V is awesome to me. He truly tries his best even knowing he is going to get into so much trouble. I think this book would be good for younger teens as their isn't a lot of bad things in it. I think it would be better off being called a Fae book more than Steamunk. It has a few twist and turns that you don't expect. I do want to read the next one as i have some things I was left wondering about and I need to see what happens to Noli next. I love the cover but it doesn't match the story to much. If you want a easy Fae read I would recommend this book.
3 out 5 bats~Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate