April 26, 2014

Interview with Author Elodie Parkes


Hi everyone! We have an interview with Author Elodie Parkes today! Please join us in welcoming her to the blog and page today!


Author: Elodie Parkes
Book: A Little Mysterious

What is your book(s) about?
A vampire who can also shift. He ends up in a town alone and hungry. Little does he know fate has him there for a reason.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Elodie Parkes is a British author writing romance, erotic, contemporary, and often with a twist of mystery, paranormal or suspense. Her books are always steamy, cool stories and hot love scenes.
Elodie lives in Canterbury with her two dogs. She works in an antique shop by day and writes at night, loving the cloak of silent darkness that descends on the rural countryside around her home.
She has also released titles as an individual indie author.


What started your interest in writing?
I used to be asked to write letters, stories, poems by my school friends and just kept writing.

What are you currently working on?
A contemporary romance.

How long did it take you to get your rough draft finished on your latest release?
About three months.

If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be?
A shifter

How did you come up with your title?
For ‘A Little Mysterious’ it’s what other characters say about Dhruv my vampire/shifter

Who is your support team?
I have a couple of Facebook friends who share blog posts and we message each other when we are a bit down.

What do you do when you’re not writing?
Work at my day job. Read. Listen to music. Watch movies. Get out into the country.

What was the last book you read?
I read a lot J The Wilde Sisters: Emily by Sandra Marton

Where did you get the idea for your book(s)?
I get ideas from everywhere. Stories just drop into my head at the strangest things, road signs, names of places, buildings…sometimes people, usually strangers that I pass

Are any of your characters like you?
They all have a little of me in them. All my stories have a piece of my heart.

What genres do you write in?
Erotic romance, contemporary romance, paranormal romance, romantic mystery

Is there anything you will never write about?
Real violence, war...it’s too horrible

Do you have a favorite quote from your book(s)?
Come here babe…’ No seriously, there are so many things I could write here. I always fall in love with my characters and sometimes they say things all by themselves that crack me up…

Is there anything you would tell aspiring writers?
Just write. Don’t let the negativity of the publishing world put you off, keep going if you love writing.

If zombies attacked what kind of supplies would you want?
A flame thrower and a jet plane equipped with water and supplies. I wouldn’t mind a gorgeous guy to help me fly the plane.

Who designed your cover(s)?
I do for the most part, but Evernight Publishing did ‘A Little Mysterious’

Have you learned anything from writing your book(s)?
That I love writing.

What was the hardest part of writing your book(s)?
Marketing it actually. J

If you could sit down with any author dead or alive who would it be?
Charles Dickens

If you co-write a book with any author who would it be?
Christine Feehan

What is your favorite paranormal being?
That’s a hard choice. So would choose a Carpathian ‘vampire’

How do you react to a bad review?
I stopped reading reviews. Reviews are subjective when applied to any art form. I take note of my editor and publishers.

Do you keep a notebook near your for when new ideas pop into your head?
Not a notebook, my smartphone

Does much research go into your novels?
A little. I research when I have no knowledge of industries or places I want o use.

Is there anything you wish to say to your readers?
Thank you so much for reading my titles. If they mean anything to even one person that makes it all worthwhile.

Blurb
He’d been sent off course…he thought he was lost…until he found Daisy. 

His vampire abilities were special. He belonged to an elite group. Moving home, they are set off course by a storm that lands Dhruv alone, hungry, and desperate in a strange town. That’s where he meets Daisy.

They gazed at each other, and Daisy was mesmerized by his beauty. She gave an involuntary sigh as she looked at him. She wanted him so badly it made her dizzy. 
Available on All Amazons, Evernight, AllRomance, and Siren Bookstrand

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I want to live where you live. The urban white-noise where I am gets...old, you know? And that's a great lead-in to your story. I'm intrigued at how a vampire can arrive somewhere hungry. Off to check further...

    ReplyDelete

Translate