April 19, 2014

Interview with Author T.E. Ridener


Hey everyone! Please join me in welcoming author T.E. Ridener to our blog and page today. We have an interview with her and info on her books.


What are you currently working on?
Right now I am going back and forth between book 3 of my vampires,
book 3.5 of my shifters, book 3 of my Descendants, and a brand
spanking new angel series that popped into my head. So I suppose I’m
currently working on keeping my sanity-haha!

If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be?
Vampire. Hands down, I would be a vampire. Unless my character
Lorcan Bamey were real, in which case I’d be an ursithrope. For those
of you who aren’t familiar with that term, it’s a bear-shifter.

Who is your support team?
My family, friends, and facebook fans. They are some of the most
incredible people on earth! My street team rocks and those girls
aren’t afraid to give me a swift kick in the ass if I need it.

Are any of your characters like you?
All of my characters carry something from me. Rather it’s sarcasm or a
personal experience that I’ve dealt with myself, they all have a small
part of me. Presley Goult from Kadenburg is definitely the most
relatable for me.

Is there anything you would tell aspiring writers?
Don’t let anybody tell you that you can’t do it. Always keep
writing, even if you don't feel up to it. Whether it's 100 words or
10,000 words a day, keep at it and you'll see progress soon enough.

Have you learned anything from writing your book(s)?
Love conquers all, courage is a must-have to survive in Hell, and
never trust the guy with the pretty smile.

How do you react to a bad review?
I’ll be honest. My first bad review made me cry and curl into the
fetal position for several hours. I almost gave up, which was silly,
but I didn’t know any better. It made me grow a thicker skin and I’ve
learned that I will not be everyone’s cup of tea-and that’s okay.

Is there anything you wish to say to your readers?
Thank you for being a fan. I love you guys and you mean the world to
me. I hope my books continue to bring you great joy.


Blurb 
Life as a vampire is way cooler than head-banging, flannel shirt wearing, music-loving Jude Dornfeld ever imagined. The eternal 27 year old was having the time of his life-or at least he thought he was-until he wandered off and made friends with the wrong crowd in the underground clubs of Chicago. Mistaken as an orphaned fledgling and blinded by lust, Jude is re-sired by the son of a power-hungry lunatic. The Cades have had a taste of the honey, but now they want the whole beehive. 
Jude finds out the hard way that bending the rules with his new sire’s family isn’t taken as lightly as they were with his first sire, his true sire. Lilith, the first wife of Adam and the mother to all vampires and demons takes back what is rightfully hers; Jude. 
Things become increasingly more difficult for the grunge-loving vampire when he realizes the Cades are coming for his family, and he’s left with no choice but to fight back with the help of his brother-childe Jamen, and his sister-child Vinnie. The friends he’s made along the way are called to arms, and unfortunately for Jude, so are his enemies. A war is coming in the vampire world. Will Jude be able to save his bloodline?


Blurb
26 year old Presley Goult's life is anything but ordinary. Her mother abandoned her as a toddler after her father’s death, leaving Presley to be raised by the only family she has left-her uncle Arnold. After years of being away she returns heartbroken and devastated knowing this is the last place she wants to be. Unbeknownst to her, Kadenburg is not your ordinary town. There are secrets that have been kept from Presley for her own good. Will she find out the truth of who she is and the part she will play in the war that is about to erupt before it is too late to save everyone that she loves? 

28 year old Lorcan Bamey was Presley's best friend growing up. He has always been there for her when she needed a friend and someone to lean on. Although he has always wanted more from Presley, rules are rules and he was forbidden to express his interest in having a relationship with her. You see, his upbringing was very different from most of the boys in town; the female must make the choice. It is part of Urseth’s law; laws that Presley will soon discover when her uncle finally decides to be honest about their ancestry. 

Will Presley accept the truth about Kadenburg, and herself, in time to save her people?


Blurb
At twenty years of age, Isaiah’s got a bright future ahead of him. He’s popular, he’s handsome, and all the ladies sigh when he walks by. Maybe it’s his smirk, or perhaps it’s the beautiful color of his eyes, but one thing is for sure-he is the coolest guy on campus. 

Heidi is a bit hot-headed, she can admit. She doesn’t have much patience when it comes to Isaiah’s ridiculous behavior. Her fuse is short and it doesn’t help when he’s always making snide remarks about her preference to read instead of going to parties. She’s nineteen and trying to find her way in the world, except there’s one minor detail that sets her apart from the average girl. 

Our world is not theirs. They are royalty. Isaiah is the prince of Ice and Heidi is the princess of Fire. In an effort to keep them safe when their kingdoms are attacked by unknown forces, their parents sent them to earth. 

For the time being, Heidi is stuck in North America with Isaiah, attending a small community college and attempting to blend in. It’s not as easy as humans make it seem. Worried about her father and their kingdom, Heidi has a difficult time adjusting to life on a foreign planet, and being with Isaiah doesn’t make it any easier. 

With new enemies entering their lives and old wounds being reopened, will Heidi and Isaiah be able to set aside their differences long enough to save their world? Will they be able to save ours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate