April 26, 2014

Interview with Author Jennifer Raygoza

Hey everyone! Please welcome Author Jennifer Raygoza to the page and blog today. We have an interview with her and info on her book.


What is your book(s) about?
I have a vampire series out currently. It's told from a young womans point of view. It is her journey from a human, to being turned and thrown into a vampire world that tells her she has the key in her body that will stop the war, and save humanity.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I live in Corona, California with my husband and kids. I love to write books that border all the genres. My first and current series is a vampire based story. I have two short stories coming out in the fall.

What started your interest in writing?
I used to write poetry as an outlet when I was younger. There was always something inside of me that liked writing. 

What are your currently working on?
Part 3 in my vampire series The Guardians.

How long did it take you to get your rough draft finished on your latest release?
5 months.

If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be?
Vampire of course.

What was the first book you remember reading?
The Golden Egg. Kids book.

How did you come up with your title?
It just came to me. It was a strong name like my characters.

Who is your support team?
My husband.

What do you do when your not writing?
I love music, or going places where I can relax. Although I am always thinking about writing.

What was the lastest book you read?
I am reading the Divergent series currently.

Where did you get the idea for your book(s)?
My brain is a crazy place. Scenes just come to me out of the blue. I was reading a lot of vampire books at the time.

Are any of your characters like you?
My M/C Gianna. She has my fireball temperament I had as a youth.

What genres do you write in?
Dark Fantasy currently.

Is there anything you will never write about?
I don't know. I am taking challenges this year to see what I can and cant do. I just wrote an erotica short.

Do you have a favorite quote from your book(s)?
"Caleb, I... I was lying earlier about how I feel about you. It’s insane, but I think I lov..." he stopped me by seizing my body and pushing me against the bed.
He climbed on top of me and held both my arms over my head with one hand. I felt the handkerchief come loose from my gash.
“Your skin is so warm,” Caleb whispered. I melted into the bed.

Is there anything you would tell aspiring writers?
Yes, Do not let anything, anyone says negatively about you or your work get in the way of what you want to accomplish. 

If zombies attacked what kind of supplies would you want?
Gun, knives, spears, Axes, Chains, Food, Water.

Who designed your cover(s)?
Riley Steel from Vivid Designs

Have you learned anything from writing your book(s)?
I learned how to write better action scenes. I learned how to edit better and watch for consistency. 

What was the hardest part of writing your book(s)?
Editing!! Editing can be frustrating.

If you could sit down with any author dead or alive who would it be?
hmmm. I guess Stephen King. He has been in the industry for so long. It would be cool to pick his brain. 

If you co-write a book with any author who would it be?
E.L James lol. Let's mix some erotica with my edginess and make a crazy book. 

What is your favorite paranormal being?
Vampires of course. 

How do you react to a bad review?
It does bother me, but its just somebodies opinion, and I have to remind myself that. You have to learn how to take what you can from it, learn any critique if anything and move on.

Do you keep a notebook near your for when new ideas pop into your head?
I write on anything I have near me. Receipts, notepad on phone. ANYTHING.

If you write a series do you reread your previous books before you begin the new one?
No. I do sometimes go back into pages of previous books if I need to verify something that happened prior, but I don't re-read the whole book. 

Does much research go into your novels?
I had to do research on witches for part 2 of my series. It took me a few hours and I whipped out what I found for them. So nothing heavy, but light research.

Is there anything you wish to say to your readers?
Thank you for taking a chance on my series. I hope you enjoy it.


The Guardians: A Vampire Novel: Feel the Fire by Jennifer Raygoza
Blurb 
I thought I had life all figured out. We live. We suffer pain. We die. Death never bothered me much. It was love that scared the hell out of me, because love made you weak, and in my line of work there was no room for that. My name is Gianna Botticelli. I am the daughter and only female employee of a Los Angeles mafia boss. Today was supposed to be like any other day until Caleb walked into my life. He is sexy and mysterious and knows things he shouldn’t. I don’t like it at all, but I can’t help the way he makes me feel inside. There is something different about him. What is he? All I know is that after meeting Caleb things will never be the same as he introduces me into his world. A world unknown where the battle of good versus evil rages on. Sacrifices will be made, hearts will break and lives will be taken. How far am I willing to take this journey I keep asking myself? If I have to sacrifice myself to save everyone and everything, then the answer is easy. All the way.

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate