April 02, 2014

The Zombie Playground : Review


The Zombie Playground (Grisly High #2)
by Brian Rowe
Blurb
Brin Skar has had a rough couple of weeks. She barely survived the grisly vampire attack in Bodie Ghost Town, the mysterious Paul is now a guest in her own home, and her dad Kristopher, dead for over a year, has emerged from the grave to try to kill his only daughter. After two somber funerals and the baffling disappearance of her Film teacher, Brin decides she needs a break from all the pain and heartache. And what’s a better escape than a round of golf at the brand new Macabre Golf Course? But as soon as Brin and her friends hit the links, strange noises and bizarre sightings begin to occur. And unfortunately for the group, the vampire encounter is going to seem like child’s play… especially when the zombies come out to play!
 
My Review
Brin is trying to deal with a lot that has happened to her and while things should be getting back to normal anything but that happens. Her dad tries to eat her and the worse part is he has been dead for a year. Two kids are dead and her teacher is missing. It seems zombies have arrived and Brin struggles to stop them. Having a vampire in love with her should make matter easy but they are anything but that.

I haven't read the first book in this series so I was a little confused at first. I like Brin as she seems to have a bunch of stuff going on but she continues to try and make things better. Ash isn't a normal vampire to me as he seems scared of the zombies and other things. I did like how he jumped at the chance t go into a portal to save someone. It seemed he got a little courage there. While I usually love any book with zombies I couldn't get into this book. I think it's because I haven't read the first book. It's an ok book to me that I am sure other readers will like it just wasn't for me.
 
3 out of 5 Bats~Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate