November 26, 2012

Beguiled Tour - Review

Beguiled (Immortal Essence #2)
By RaShelle Workman

Book Blurb
Worlds divided them. Chance brought them together. Only love will save them. 

In book 2 of the Immortal Essence series, Venus must enter her planet's Hell, and complete three trials in order to free her parents, and save her soulmate. 

SUMMARY:

Venus has become immortal, just as she always wanted. In the process she hurt Zaren, lost Michael, and destroyed her family. 

At least that's what she believed.

Turns out Ramien, the god of her planets' underworld, has her parents, and Michael. 

To save them, Venus makes a deal. She must complete three trials. They seem impossible. They certainly won't be easy. Worst of all, someone she loves won't make it out alive.

My Review
To start I will try to keep this as spoiler free as possible if you haven't read the first book you may not want to read this. I will try my best to keep it as spoiler free as I can. Venus is back on her home planet and now an immortal. At her side is the ever faithful Zaren who even if he is free he choices to protect her with everything he has. Venus' parents are still missing and she is on the hunt for them. One person seems to know where they are and that is Michael. To find her parents she has to journey into her planet's underworld to find them and set them free. Little does she know it may cost her someone she loves.

 Where to start in this review. I enjoyed Venus in this book but still she just isn't my favorite person. Michael I am still on the fence with as you can never tell what he is going to do it seems. One minute he seems like he wants to help Venus the next he seems like he is betraying her. Now my favorite and who still seems to grow on me is Zaren. I want a Zaren of my own! He is loyal and just seems perfect. I know no one is but I love him what can I say. Some of the characters you meet in book one are back with a few surprises of there own.

 I did enjoy this book just not as much as the first one. It was shorter and I wanted more. The things Venus has to do to save her parents are down right heart breaking at times. I do believe it made her a stronger person even if I didn't like the end results. I love the concept and story line of an alien race with some mythology in there as well. It makes it unique and it does stick with you. I would recommend you read both books in this series as they are both good and different. It has a little bit of Love, heartbreak, action, betrayal and more than I can really name. It doesn't slow down and stays a good steady beat all through it. Be sure to try these books and I look forward to the next one.
4 out of 5 Bats~Pam
For my review of Exiled you can see it here at Racing To Read.

For the rest of the tour please visit this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate