November 21, 2012

Thankful Book Lovers with Maggie Shayne


Hi all!! As we head into Thanksgiving a couple of us bloggers decide it would be nice to see just what are the top 10 things different Authors are thankful for. We will also be sharing the top 10 things we bloggers are thankful for. The author that will be sharing with us on this blog is the super amazing and sweet Maggie Shayne. I just love Maggie Shayne and was so glad she shared her top 10 with me. On to the top 10.

Maggie Shayne's Top Ten things she is thankful for!
1. Finding my soul mate. It took a long, long time, but we are blissfully happy and making the most of every single minute.
1-B. (Can't make this #2, cause it's equal to #1): My fantastic five daughters, who are my best friends. I love how close we've stayed and I extra-especially love the grandkids they've provided me, including my namesake, Meg, due next month.
2. Being able to do what I love doing most, and get paid for it. There is no more blissful person than one who gets to do something they love for a living.
3. Living in the time and place I do. It's a wonderful time to be a woman in the USA, and it's a wonderful time to be a writer too. I love the rapidly increasing pool of knowledge and light-speed expansion of technology that is making the world a smaller and smaller place, allowing us all to connect online, even face to face if we want via Skype or Facetime. I love being able to talk to my readers on Facebook! And we really talk, about REAL things, about our lives, our problems and challenges, and our joys as well. Not just about books.
4. I love my home, Serenity, and appreciate her even more after nearly losing her to fire a couple of years ago. She's rebuilt now and better than ever, and now a true reflection of me.
5. Oprah Winfrey's "Super Soul Sunday." I never miss it. Record every single episode.
6. The spiritual awakening that I sense taking place everywhere I look, as more and more people begin to see that we're all expressions of the same higher spirit, the one we call Goddess, or God, or Source.
7. The advances in science that more and more seem to confirm the above rather than the opposite. Quantum physics and quantum entanglement and the new understanding that the further we're able to look into the Universe, the more we'll see. It's very cool stuff, very spiritual too.
8. Dexter, Once Upon a Time, Mythbusters, and Football. Just wish they weren't all on the same night. So I'll add, DVR. :)
9. My daughter Jessica's new business as an author's assistant, and how much easier it has made my life, and how much fun it is working so closely with someone I love so much.
10. Just being alive. More and more I'm practicing the habit of noticing the beauty and abundance around me in each moment, and being in each moment instead of wasting it thinking about an endless to-do list or things that happened yesterday or last week. Just being in the here and now and blissing out over how good it is. That's my current practice and it's making my life better and better.

My Top Ten things I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful I have a loving husband who puts up with a not so usual wife who would rather be in a garage than in a house. He never has said anything to me over my strange habits and always supports me in whatever I want to do. He works hard so I can stay home with our little one and takes care of my oldest daughter even though she is not his.
2. I am thankful for my two beautiful girls. One is 17 and it seems we grew up together. My other one is 2 and is never away from me and acts just like my dad.
3. I am thankful for my mom and dad. My mom passed away years sgo but she was the strongest woman I ever knew. She worked hard, spoiled her grandkids and battle cancer for 10 years. the doctors told her she had 6 months to live and she proved them wrong living over 9 years after that. I hope my kids get her drive and strength. My dad is my hero. He has always been there for me and I can still ask him for help and he will be right there. 
4. I am thankful for my 2 nephews. One is 19 and one of the best kids I ever seen. He has never been in trouble and works hard every day. My other nephew is a miracle baby. His mom was told she would never have kids and was do to have a surgery 10 days before she found out she was pregnant. He will be 2 in January and is the happiest baby you would ever meet.
5. I am thankful to  have a roof over my head, food in my house and to live out in the country. It is peaceful here with no one to bother us.
6. I am thankful for my grandparents. They are all gone now and I would love to have them back but I know I will always value what they taught me.
7. I am thankful for my best friend she has always been there for me know matter what time I can call her and she will be right there. Funny enough she is my brother's ex wife but they remained friends and have no problems with us being best fiends.
8. I am thankful that I have met so many amazing people online who share my love of books. Other than my oldest no one in my family is much of a reader so i have no one to talk to about them.
9. I am thankful for all the little things in my life that make me happy. Whether it is a new book, new pair of pajamas, a new helmet or my kitties curling up in my lap purring.
10. This is the hardest one for me. I was pregnant this year and then lost a little boy. It has been a hard time for me this year and hard to get over. I think about him everyday and how old he would have been. Why is this on my list you may be wondering. Simple I am thankful I got to carry him as long as I did and he will always be a part of me. 
That is our top ten things we are thankful for. I want to thank Maggie Shayne for taking part in this. Be sure to check out her amazing books. ~Pam~
Maggie Shayne's links

4 comments:

  1. wow, beautiful posts by both you and Maggie. We are so very very lucky in this country. I am thankful that we can live in safety. I want the rest of the world to have the same. My prayers go out to the people in the middle east who want peace and basic human rights. And my even stronger prayers go out to those who don't want those things, but need them desperately.
    I am thankful to every person who reach out and gave me love and friendship. I still find it miraculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful posts!

    I am thankful for all of the individuals that ensure my family has the ability to relax this holiday!

    Kassandra
    sionedkla@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Translate