November 08, 2012

The Lost Prince - Review

The Lost Prince ( Call of the Forgotten#1)
by Julie Kagawa

Book Blurb
Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

This novel is one of Julie’s books that will have you demanding for the second one as soon as you finish your read. 

My Review
I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review. Ethan Chase has spent his life trying to be normal. He doesn't want anything to do with the fey. All they have ever done was cause him trouble and heartache. He tires to ignore them and when he can't trouble happens. Enough trouble that he and his family have to move again. A fresh start in a new school is just what he needs. He doesn't get to enjoy it for long. At the new school he is hounded and followed by a school reporter Kenzie. He doesn't want friends and tries to make her see that. The Fey soon find him when he has another friend he didn't ask for bring them into his life. Now he must go to the one place he never wanted to return to. The Iron Realm.

The characters in this series are amazing. Ethan is a great character. He seems like we would be trouble but in reality he just wants to be left alone. He does this to try and keep people safe. He is tough as he tries his best to learn to defend himself in case he ever needs it and good thing because he does need it. Kenzie I didn't like at first. She seem to be just a popular nosy girl to me. As the story progressed she really started to grow on me. By the time I reached the end I really felt like this girl was one of my own friends. I understood her much better and felt for her. A lot of the characters from the Iron Fey series make an appearance in this spin off. So I am sure if you read and loved that series you will love to see more of your favorite characters.

I will say right off I think you should read the Iron Fey series first. You can read this as a stand alone but it has spoilers of the series. If you don't mind that go ahead and read it. I liked the Iron Fey series but didn't love it. I do love this book and think it is better to me. I like Ethan much better than the other characters and like the story line better. Yes it is almost the same as the Iron Fey but I still liked it better. You really get to see both worlds in this book. It isn't all the time in the NeverNever and it isn't all the time in the regular world. It is a great split between the two. The character development is another thing I really enjoy in this book. You get to see more and more about the characters as you read. The love between Ethan and Kenzie is another thing that builds slowly. It is a sweet love that you hope can continue. You also some fighting if you enjoy that. I love all the fey creatures you get to meet or to see again in some cases. I better wrap this up I will do that by saying I love this book and you should pick it up if you love fey books.
5 out of 5 Bats~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate