September 10, 2012

Born In Flames




Author Bio:
Candace Knoebel dreamed of being a dancer ever since she could remember. With a love of all things art, she saw herself moving to New York and pursuing her passion as an artist. But all that changed on October 10th 2002 when she met the love of her life. Her dreams diverged and after marrying her high school sweetheart and having two beautiful children, she realized she missed her creative side.

Growing up alongside the Harry Potter series, Candace found herself missing the epicosity of a story that pulls you in and won’t let you go. In 2009, she began dreaming up characters that would mold her first novel. Through lunch breaks and late nights, after putting her kids to bed, she built a world where she could escape the ever-pressing days of an eight to five Purgatory. She found her calling in life and knew this was more than dancing could’ve ever meant to her.

Once complete in 2010, she began the grueling process of finding a publisher. With relentless determination, she was finally able to realize her dream in December of 2011 when 48fourteen offered her a publishing contract. With a HUGE yes and a happy dance, she now continues her Trilogy.


Synopsis: 
Red mirrored scales race up my arms as the haze of pain blurs my vision. My bones crack, breaking to realign. I scream. It is then that the realization of my unavoidable fate sinks in; I am of a dying race. I am dragon.

Aurora Megalos, orphaned and teetering on the edge of adulthood, thought finding her past would curb the sting of being an outcast. Having no memories of the time before she awoke on her foster mother’s doorstep, she yearns for the emptiness inside her to be filled. With her fellow orphaned best friend, Fenn, by her side, she has nothing to lose and everything to gain. But something powerful stirred within her that she couldn’t explain. Something wanted out.

In the dark of night, a crazed Seer, dubbed Mr.Creepy, erases everything she’s ever known with an impending prophecy. She now faces two paths. Return to her true home to protect a dying race against a growing evil, or stay hidden in the safety of our realm with a shot at a true love. With a vengeful Arch Enemy stopping at nothing to see her dead, she’s running out of time; a decision must be made. What would you choose?

Stalker Links:

My Review:
I loved this book so much. Not only is the cover gorgeous but I was pulled in from page one and I loved every minute of this book.

Aurora is thrown out of her world and into ours for protection. She is a dragon which is a dying race and the fates want to kill her. She doesn’t remember anything before the age of ten when she was thrown into our world. Where she gets adopted and meets a boy Fenn who doesn’t remember anything also. One day on their way to work Aurora is bothered by Mr. Creepy has they call him. He starts telling her a prophecy and it freaks her out. But in the process she starts to realize things are coming true. Aurora and Fenn set off to find Mr. Creepy to decide if they want the answers to what and who they are. But time is running out and they need to make the choice to either cross back into the world they were thrown from for protection and learn their destiny or stay in our world and try to be normal.

I loved Aurora she is strong, stubborn, and so real that I was able to connect to her easily.  Even though she is so confused about everything she fights to learn the truth which made me love her even more. Fenn is just a great guy who loves Aurora and will do anything to keep her safe. Plus I love his blue eyes. Even when he made mistakes he was quick to apologize and find ways to fix them. They are everything you want in a heroine and hero.

This ended up being one of those books where I kept saying one more chapter and that turned into me staying up until four a.m. to finish. And I am not sorry I got no sleep. I loved this whole book and I can’t wait to read more by Candace. 5/5 Bats


Tour Schedule:
September 9th: Terri's Book Addiction
September 10th: Paranormal Reads
September 11th: The Indie Bookshelf
September 12th: Tam's Two Cents
September 13th: Paranormal Book Club
September 14th: Tsk Tsk What to Read 


I wanna say Thank you to Andrea Kozari with the help of Kathryn and Shelley who run Tsk Tsk What to Read for letting me participate in this tour. Thank you to Candace Knoebel for leting me review her amazing book. Now for the giveaway. 

3 comments:

  1. You've really made me want to read this book, so I'm entering!

    Thanks to you and the author for this giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really sounds like a great book! I hope i win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing read, can't wait to check it out and stay awake until 4 am too! lol

    ReplyDelete

Translate