September 19, 2012

The Invitation Review

The Invitation by Diane Hoh


Goodreads Blurb
Five not-so-popular teens are invited to an annual party given by snooty Cass. Ushered into the mansion, they are soon part of a human scavenger hunt in which they are tied, bound, and hidden. Further victimization includes being heated in a sauna, cooled in a freezer, and nearly asphyxiated by a car's running motor.

My Review
I received this book from Net Galley for a honest review. Cass always throws the coolest parties and everyone wants an invitation. When five friends get one and are not part of the cool crowd Sarah knows something isn't right. She then finds Cass has invited them to use them in a twisted joke, but someone else has more than a joke in mind for them.

This is an old book that is a reprint. I thought it looked familiar and after I started reading it I realized I had read this years ago as a kid. The plot is decent enough and it does keep you guessing who the bad guy is. This would be a good book for preteens I believe it is sort of like the earlier books by R.L. Stine. The characters are going to have a hard time standing up against the times changing I do believe. I believe with a few changes it would be so much better. I even thought back to when I did read it for the first time as a kid and that is how it got 3 stars. If you have a preteen into reading you might let them give this a try.

3 out of 5 Bats~Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate